Dusk takes the appearance of a silver tabaxi in traditional monk-like clothes. He stands tall at 6'2" and always has a nice smile on his face.
During the battle against the Xanathar, Dusk was unfortunate enough to be hit with 3 consecutive disintegration rays. While he did live, his appearance was drastically altered as he had lost all the hair on his body. However, his original appearance would later be brought back by the local monk-on-the-mountain Hlam.
Dusk has a very aloof and carefree personality. He tends to wander from place to place with the true curiosity of a cat; hovering over anything that grabs his attention until a new item pulls his attention away. Due to this curiosity, Dusk also has kleptomaniac tendencies and is often caught trying to take shiny objects for himself.
Before the Campaign
Dusk's history before the campaign is almost entirely unknown, as it has never come up nor been spoken of. It is known he originated from a far away settlement however.
Within the campaign, Dusk has served to be a catalyst for many events. His wandering nature often causes him to get into trouble and mischief that the party later must deal with. However, Dusk also serves as the main frontline combatant and offensive fighter for the Lif of the Party; and many of the party's enemies are eventually taken down by Dusk's unrelenting fists of furry fury.
Meeting the Maker
During one night out in town, Dusk was approached by a mysterious unmanned coach cab. Naturally, Dusk's curiosity led him inside the cabin where he was sent on quite the adventure. Dusk doesn't remember his time after entering the cab, but only after leaving the cab in the dock ward several hours later with none of his clothes or equipment.
It was later revealed by one of the Riders that Dusk had "met the Maker" on that night.
Hlam on the Mountain
Early on in the campaign, the party found themselves visiting a monk named Hlam on top of Mount Waterdeep. Dusk especially was attracted to Hlam's quirky nature and came to know him well. Over the campaign, Dusk would repeatedly travel back up the mountain to visit Hlam and learn wisdom and combative techniques from him.
Skills and Abilities
Darkvision: Dusk is able to see in the dark up to 60 feet away under conditions with little lighting.
Feline Agility: Dusk is able to put all his energy into a single dash to move twice his normal speed.
Cat's Claws: Dusk's tabaxi claws are natural weapons he can use against his enemies.
Cat's Talent: As a tabaxi, Dusk is naturally talented in perceiving and hiding from threats.
Feline Grace: A cat always lands on its feet and Dusk follows this trend; he is able to ignore most collateral damage from falling.
- Playing Card Set
- Tinker's Tools
- Unarmored Defense: Dusk's natural agility can be used to dodge difficult blows, if he's not slowed down by armor or shields.
- Martial Arts: Dusk is trained and skilled in hand-to-hand combat.
- Ki: Dusk can use his life energy to fuel, strengthen, and quicken himself in times of trial.
- Flurry of Blows: Dusk uses his ki to strike quickly at his enemy's weak points.
- Patient Defense: Dusk uses his ki to quicken his stance and dodge better than before.
- Step of the Wind: Dusk uses his ki to quicken his movement and adeptly navigate the battlefield.
- Unarmored Movement: While Dusk is not slowed down by armor or shields, he can move faster than otherly possible.
- Deflect Missiles: Dusk has trained his reaction speed to peak performance and can react quick enough to deflect and pull missiles out of the air. Using his ki, he can even throw them back with deadly force.
- Slow Fall: Dusk has learned the art of falling without damaging oneself--able to fall from as high as 30 feet without any damage.
- Stunning Strike: Dusk knows how to strike an enemy's weak points and temporarily disorient his foes.
- Ki-Empowered Strikes: Dusk's fists are fueled by his inner ki, allowing them to break past limits to the physical form and attack magical barriers.
- Arcane Ki: Dusk has learned how to fuel his spells with his inner ki, and can consume his ki to enhance his spells.
As part of training with Hlam, Dusk has managed to pick up a small number of spells to weave into his combat techniques:
|Contract||Cantrip||Enchantment||You and a willing target clasp forearms and declare your demands of the other party in the agreement as well as the punishment should they be unable to meet your terms. If you and the target remain willing for the remainder of the spell's casting, both become bound to the contract as arcane chains wrap and bind each arm. The chains are visible to all creatures as a faintly glowing tattoo.|
|Sacred Flame||Cantrip||Evocation||Flame-like radiance descends on a creature that you can see within range. The target must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or take 1d8 radiant damage. The target gains no benefit from cover for this saving throw.|
|Bless||1st||Enchantment||You bless up to three creatures of your choice within range. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.|
|Cure Wounds||1st||Evocation||A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.|
|Inflict Wounds||1st||Necromancy||Make a melee spell attack against a creature you can reach. On a hit, the target takes 3d10 necrotic damage.|
|Sanctuary||1st||Abjuration||You ward a creature within range against attack. Until the spell ends, any creature who targets the warded creature with an attack or a harmful spell must first make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature must choose a new target or lose the attack or spell. This spell doesn't protect the warded creature from area effects, such as the explosion of a fireball.|
Ring of Anti-Failure
A magic ring crafted by Sorrow at Dusk's request. This ring appears to increase Dusk's luck at times.
Garrich Coppercleaver's Copper Cleaver
Since the campaign began, Dusk has always had his eye on the Yawning Portal chef's prized cleaver. Eventually, Dusk managed to finally claim it for himself--his mission complete. The cleaver itself appears to be some sort of magical heirloom.
|Cowboys & Corporations|
|Tides of Time Saga|